Sunday, May 15, 2011

FORGET LOVE, MAN!

Holden talks a lot about relationships with women in the past chapters, and page 104 was what really struck me where it matters. He talked about love in the movies, how he imagined love would be like based on what the movies had taught him. He then confessed that movies screw you up, and it's so true.
I'm sure all young girls have wanted their prince charming to come and love them like Cinderella, Snow White, or Rapunzel. As we grow up, we want our prince charming (metaphorically so) to rescue us from all the hatred of the world and give us the true love and real friendship we crave. But movies have screwed us up so badly. I love Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, and any other given Disney princess flick as much as the next girl, but I've only recently realized that you cannot expect men to be prince charming. It's just not a realistic expectation. And honestly, how badly do you want to wait years and years for your hero to rescue you? I'll tell you what I think: don't wait. Ladies, it is time for us to be our own heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment